Best Ways to Improve Fuel Economy
Cars can be an expensive investment to have. They require regular maintenance and upkeep. One thing most cars require is fuel and the cost of fuel can really add up if you do a lot of driving. To help you cut down that cost, we’re going to take a look at the best ways to improve fuel economy. These tips will help your vehicle go a few extra miles before you have to refuel, saving you a lot of time and money in the long run.
Tips for Getting Better Fuel Economy
- Drive Safely: The U.S. Department of Energy has discovered that aggressive driving tactics like speeding and stop-and-go driving waste gas and can even lower your vehicle’s efficiency by 33% at highway speeds and 5% around town. It is much smarter and more efficient to drive sensibly and safely.
- Maintain Your Vehicle: If you follow your vehicle’s recommended maintenance and tune-up schedule, you’re helping maximize efficiency and increasing the life of your vehicle. Check your driver’s manual to help determine how often you need these maintenance appointments, such as oil changes and tire rotations.
- Check Your Tires: Another easy way to improve fuel efficiency is by keeping your tires properly inflated. You can use a pressure gauge to check your tires inflation levels. Properly inflated tires improve fuel efficiency and help keep you safe on the road.
- De-clutter: Make sure you don’t keep too much clutter in your vehicle, after all, it isn’t a storage unit. Extra weight can really decrease your fuel economy, especially if you drive a smaller, lighter car.
- Plan ahead: Whenever you are running errands, make sure you plan out your stops so you can combine trips and take the most efficient routes possible.
If you follow all of these tips, you are sure to see a difference in your fuel efficiency. Another way to improve your fuel economy is by purchasing a hybrid vehicle. They really are your best option for maximum efficiency. Call or visit Toyota Palo Alto for information about the Toyota Hybrid lineup, which includes the Toyota Prius and Toyota Camry Hybrid.