2023 Toyota RAV4 available liftgate features
Does the 2023 Toyota RAV4 offer a hands-free liftgate? Yes, it sure does. Below, you can see a video of how to use the hands-free liftgate on your Toyota RAV4. Scroll down to review the steps. We can find you the perfect Toyota SUV here at Magnussen’s Toyota in Palo Alto, CA.
How to Operate 2023 RAV4 Hands-Free Liftgate | Toyota
Watch this video for a visual guide to operating the hands-free liftgate of your Toyota. As you can see, the video is just over a minute long; that’s because this technology is extremely easy to operate. There’s really nothing to it.
What is a hands-free liftgate?
A liftgate is the rear door on your SUV. You may also call it your trunk door or cargo space door. It opens vertically instead of horizontally like your other car doors. A hands-free liftgate is one that operates without you manually pulling it open or shut.
Steps to opening and closing your hands-free liftgate
A hands-free liftgate is a feature for your convenience, so of course, it’s got to be easy to use. In fact, in just five simple steps you can open and close your liftgate. Follow along with the video or review the steps here:
- Make sure your vehicle is off or parked.
- With your keys, stand behind your vehicle. (The keys need to be in range, but you don’t need them out. Feel free to leave them in your pocket.)
- Kick your foot under the rear bumper of your vehicle in one fluid motion. (Kick directly at your vehicle and not at an angle. Also, don’t hold your foot under the bumper.)
- You’ll hear two beeps, and the liftgate will start to open. Step back from your vehicle.
- To close the liftgate, repeat the fluid kick motion.