Toyota Teammate Advanced Drive video guide and explanation
How does Advanced Drive work on a Toyota vehicle? Scroll down to watch a video guide about Toyota Teammate Advanced Drive or keep scrolling to read our summary. You can find Toyota vehicles with advanced driving technology here at Toyota Palo Alto of Palo Alto, CA.
Toyota Teammate Advanced Drive Overview | Toyota video by Toyota USA
What does Toyota Advanced Drive do? When does it turn on and how does it work? These are the questions answered in the video below.
What you need to know about Toyota Advanced Drive
Do you have a vehicle with Toyota Advanced Drive? Do you want one? If so, you might want to learn more about this advanced feature. Here we have a list of what you need to know before driving a Toyota with Advanced Drive.
- The main function of Advanced Drive is to provide the driver with information and assistance on the road.
- Advanced Drive will only work on supporter, controlled access freeways with driver supervision.
- To work, Advanced Drive uses forward-looking cameras, radar, and LiDAR sensors.
- Advanced Drive can pinpoint your vehicle’s location using high-definition map data.
- The software for this feature is capable of wireless updates which can enhance the system functionality.
- The vehicle HUD (Head-Up Display) shows surrounding vehicles when the system is in use.
- Advanced Drive can perform lane changes and highway to highway merges.
How do driver-assist technologies like Toyota Advanced Drive know if the driver is paying attention?
As noted above, Toyota Advanced Drive, along with other driver-assist technologies in modern cars, are for use under the supervision of a driver. This means that they aren’t fully autonomous but rely on a driver to regulate their actions. So, you may be wondering how it’s possible for a machine to know if it’s being supervised. Here’s how.
- The system uses a driver monitor camera to see if the driver’s eyes are opened or closed to prevent sleeping on the road.
- The system uses the same camera to make sure the driver is facing forward and paying attention.
- A steering wheel sensor makes sure that hands are on the wheel while the system is in use.
What are the benefits of partially automated driving systems?
Driver-assist systems come with several benefits. While they are fairly new, we can imagine that technology can keep us safer on the roads. Furthermore, they can help reduce fatigue and improve ride comfort. There are plenty of reasons to give it a go.