How to change a flat tire on a Toyota vehicle
We’re sure we’ve all been there before; you’re driving down the road, having a great day, when suddenly you hear a pop, and before you know it you realize that your tire has gone flat. It’s not a fun situation to deal with by any means, but luckily there are some easy measures you can take to get yourself back on the road. Today, our service team at Toyota Palo Alto will show you how to change a flat tire on a Toyota vehicle. With this information in mind, it’ll be easy for you to head back to the pavement with confidence!
Easy steps you can take to install a spare tire on your Toyota model
First things first, before you get down to business, you’ll need a few accessories for your Toyota vehicle. These include a jack, bolt wrench, and of course, a spare tire. Spares will usually be found in your trunk area in the back of your vehicle. With this in mind, follow the steps below to get your car back on its feet!
- Take out your jack and prop up your vehicle on the side where your flat tire is. As you raise your Toyota model, make sure you have enough ground clearance to remove and replace your flat.
- Once your Toyota is at a safe level, take out your bolt wrench and start unscrewing the bolts that are keeping your wheel in place. On most Toyota models, there will be five or six to account for.
- Remove your bolts and store them in a safe place.
- Do the same with your flat tire. Ideally, you should place it in the trunk area.
- Take out your spare and place it on your model’s axle. They should line up with the indents in your wheel.
- Screw your bolts tightly in place. Once finished, you can lower your Toyota down so it’s touching the ground again.
You’re done! Before we finish, we should let you know that the average range for a spare tire is anywhere between 30 and 50 miles. However, in areas as densely populated as the Bay Area, that’s plenty of distance to get you to a repair shop.
Read More: How do I check my engine oil level?
Schedule Service at Toyota Palo Alto
We hope you found this information useful! If you need a fresh set of tires on your Toyota vehicle, feel free to contact our service team and schedule routine maintenance right here on our official website. We’ll help you get back to your life in smooth comfort!