Toyota carbon reduction projects and emissions reduction
We’re proud to carry Toyota hybrids, EVs, and PHEVs here at Magnussen’s Toyota. The brand offers these eco-friendly vehicles as part of its initiative to lower carbon emissions and be carbon neutral by 2050. Learn more about Toyota carbon reduction projects below and join the movement here in Palo Alto, CA.
Check out the various environmental changes Toyota is making
Toyota is making a lot of changes in order to reach carbon neutrality by 2050. Check out this short video to learn about what the brand is doing. We’ll list the top points below for you to review.
Seven ways that Toyota is reducing emissions and being eco-friendly
- An electrified option will be available for all Toyota models by 2025.
- Toyota is targetting to match 45% of purchased electricity from renewable sources by 2026.
- One of the world’s largest fuel cells was created by Toyota and provides 2.3 megawatts of renewable power and large amounts of hydrogen.
- Toyota hydrogen fuel cells are powering some class eight trucks to eliminate emissions.
- Toyota partners are expected to commit to a target of reducing emissions by 3% per year.
- Toyota dealerships are joining DEEP, a program to reduce energy and water use.
- The brand is supporting eco-friendly startups with funding.