Your Toyota vehicle can help reduce the stress of traffic jams
New Toyota models are equipped with the latest driver-assist technologies in the auto industry. These safety systems can help you navigate all types of situations, including traffic jams. Check out how Toyota Traffic Jam Assist can help reduce the stress of a traffic jam. We can help you find a properly equipped model at Magnussen’s Toyota in Palo Alto, CA.
A video guide to using Toyota Traffic Jam Assist
This video gives you a quick overview of what Traffic Jam Assist is and how it works. Continue reading below to review how to use Traffic Jam Assist in your own Toyota, as well as learn why this system may not be working in your vehicle.
A step-by-step guide to using Toyota Traffic Jam Assist
Using Traffic Jam Assist is easy. Follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to use Traffic Jam Assist in your Toyota.
- Drive on a supported roadway, like a highway with divided lanes and on and off ramps.
- Turn on Dynamic Radar Cruise Control to your set speed.
- Activate Lane Tracing Assist.
- Turn on Traffic Jam Assist and your Pre-Collision System in your vehicle’s settings.
- Turn on Dynamic Radar Cruise Control’s Extended Resume Time.
- Keep your hands on the wheel and face forward (the driver monitor will make sure you’re paying attention and ready to use Traffic Jam Assist).
- When the above requirements are met, Traffic Jam Assist will automatically kick in at low speeds.
Why isn’t my Traffic Jam Assist working?
Traffic Jam Assist can deactivate due to driver inattentiveness. Make sure your hands are on the wheel and eyes on the road. Also, you’ll need an active Drive Connect subscription or a free trial to use Traffic Jam Assist.