Every year Toyota aims to improve its overall lineup, which includes its hybrid vehicles. This innovative automotive brand keeps offering more and more options to help drivers find their perfect match. One of the most popular options is the Prius and now it comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Today we’re going to take a closer look at one in particular by answering the question, “What’s new with the 2017 Toyota Prius v?”.
How does the Prius v compare to other Prius models?
The Toyota Prius v is a unique member of the Prius family, because it is the largest and most spacious option. It is the perfect option for families that need the extra spacious and roominess, but still want a hybrid and highly efficient vehicle. The Prius v gets an impressive estimated 43 mpg city, 39 mpg highway and 41 mpg combined. The Prius v is also a Top Safety Pick + from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). It has a number of available advanced safety features including:
- Pre-Collision System
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- LED Headlights
- And More!
The Toyota Prius v has also been upgraded when it comes to multimedia capabilities. It has an improved Entune Audio head unit with advanced voiced recognition and Siri Eyes Free functionality. It also has a new exterior color option, Galactic Aqua Mica, which adds a touch of style and elegance.
[bscolumns class=”one_half”][/bscolumns][bscolumns class=”one_half_last”][/bscolumns][bscolumns class=”clear”][/bscolumns]
The 2017 Prius v also has four driving modes to help you get the most out of any driving situation. These modes include:
- ECO Mode: This mode tailors the engine management system to put fuel economy first by adjusting throttle response and limiting power consumption from the air conditioning.
- EV Mode: EV mode allows the Prius to operate under battery power alone in certain situations like at lower speeds for up to a mile. This is perfect for high traffic situations or running neighborhood errands.
- POWER Mode: This mode boosts mid-range response for improved acceleration.
- NORMAL: The last mode is the normal driving mode if none of the other modes are selected.
Read More: 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Release Date
If you are interested in learning more about the 2017 Toyota Prius v, call or visit Toyota Palo Alto your friendly Toyota dealer in the Bay Area. We will be able to answer any further questions you might have. We can even help you schedule a test drive near San Jose, CA. Come see what other drivers already love about the Toyota Prius.